Saturday, December 10, 2011

Is winter here to stay?

On the first day of winter so cold I feel the need to put on longjohns you’ll find me a very happy man - for more than one reason.

First. I get to wear my old red longjohns and experience a special feeling, i.e., after owning them for about a dozen years, I’m finally feeling I’m getting my money’s worth.


["Fresh snow stays longer upon the rooftops": photos GH]

Second. The cold weather that drives me to put on a second layer might also allow the snow to stay on the ground and upon rooftops, tree branches and fence posts and railings.


["My walk to the Roaster is a squeaky event"]

When the snow piles up in the backyard I tend to cut back on my hours in the workshop and increase hours on other pursuits.

I’ll read, write, draw, think and stay a bit longer in a snug corner of a local coffee shop. Winter is a time to hibernate, after all.

Once Christmas is over, hear me snore!

***

Please click here for information about one winter time project I am enjoying each day.

.

No comments: