Thursday, March 22, 2012

Fun and Fitness: “I’m 60 Plus and can’t touch my toes”


I’m 60-plus years of age and can think of only a few advantages of not being 30 anymore.

At age 60, for example, I was able to apply for ‘early CPP’, i.e., Canada Pension Plan benefits before age 65. Free coffee for life, that’s what it means, and that’s a good thing. And that’s the only good thing I can think of, concerning my age, at the moment.

60 Plus also means, based on a recent attempt, I can’t touch my toes anymore. What the heck!? I used to be able to put my palms flat on the floor without bending my knees and do kip-ups with one hand tied behind my back.

This morning, after a few minutes of stretching, I reached for my toes and got within four inches. So, that’s what I’m going to attempt to improve upon once I return from my regular walks in the ‘hood. It’s one of my ways of adding a bit of fun to my fitness regimen.

Stay tuned.

[Photo "The four-inch gap!" by GHarrison]

***

Please click here for more Fun and Fitness

.

No comments: