Thursday, March 8, 2012

Walking 4: Discovering London in one pair of pants


The temperature outside yesterday was either climbing toward, or was in, double digits, so... how could I not go for a walk before my hockey game?

I noticed the snow drops in Thames Park, hidden under leaves or closed tight just a few days before, were making a splash. And the butter cups I’d photographed and posted one week ago were now migrating, or blazing a new trail under a neighbour’s fence.



Warming temperatures have a downside too, I thought, as I continued toward home. In my lifetime, millions of people will be blazing trails from sea coast locations toward higher ground as water levels rise.


[NASA.gov; Please click here for more graphs and details]

I loosened my top button and turned for home.

Photos by G. Harrison.

***

Please click here to read Walking 3.

.

No comments: