Saturday, April 7, 2012

60 Plus: “I still can’t touch my darn toes”

I sit down at the computer everyday and if I would simply stretch for three minutes before doing so, I bet I would be able to touch my toes within two weeks. But I forget to stretch. And I still can’t touch my toes after admitting such a couple of weeks ago.


["I'm getting closer": Photos by GH]

Perhaps if I placed a sticky note on the bathroom mirror I’d remember to stretch. Chances are, however, I’d forget about the note while making my first pot of coffee of the day.

Perhaps if I placed the sticky note on the coffee pot I’d remember to stretch. Chances are, however, I’d forget about it while heating up some of the oatmeal I keep in the fridge. And a note on the fridge would get lost among the other notes, photos and calendars on the door.


Perhaps if I placed a note on my computer screen I’d remember to stretch. I.e., a little one down in the right corner near the ‘Trash Can’ icon.

I think I’m onto something. At 60 plus, I still get good ideas. They just take a while to formulate.

***

Is formulate the right word here?

Please click here for more 60 Plus.

.

No comments: