Wednesday, June 13, 2012

“GO WEST, YOUNG MAN”: Photos from along the way

[“Arrived at Museum early, met curator Debbie Towell in her office upon entering building. Went to side room (past cluttered hallway full of artifacts). Hammock there in plastic sleeve.” Tuesday, June 5, Chasing my dad Part 12]

Photos from April 26, 2012 - Day 6 of my trip west to Vancouver Island

[“Naden was a departure point for my dad, 1945. Once
back in Hamilton he was discharged from the RCNVR”]

[“Ships appear at Esquimalt year round,
two submarines do too for now”]

[“Doug Harrison at Givenchy III,
Comox, Vancouver Island, 1944 - 45”]

[“I made myself at home inside Admin 20, Naval Museum. 
At least Curator D. Towell caught my good side.”]

[“The fold in the hammock obscures the painted rifle.
Note that it is pointed to the right, an old insignia design”]

[“Doug Harrison with Combined Ops flag and
insignia on his back porch. Note rifle is pointed left.”]

[“In 2010 I rode my motorcycle to Halifax with Dad’s
ashes for an Atlantic send off. Old insignia on my
shop door, hand painted, from Dad’s barn.”]

My appointment at Admin 20 building at Esquimalt Naval Museum, to photograph hammock, was over by 9:30. Then I hightailed it on foot passed the main gates and Naden sign on the way to my next appointment, i.e., a tour of the Esquimalt Naval base. 

Hurry, hurry, hurry.

***

Please click here to view more Photos from along the way

No comments: