Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Rare Family Photo: “I have one answer only”

Last week I asked a lot of questions about this photo of my dad from his Navy days, WW2.


E.g., where is my dad taking his leave? Who is dad’s lunch partner? A WAAC? Gracie Purvis of Croydon, a girl dad wrote about in his Navy memoirs? How would I find out?

This morning I looked at the woman’s uniform and hat and lapel pins more closely and googled ‘WAAC lapel pins’. I discovered the pins signify dad’s lunch mate belongs to the Canadian Women’s Auxiliary Corp.

So, he’s likely taking his leave in Canada. My guess is Halifax, Toronto, Hamilton, Victoria, Courtenay, Comox or Vancouver. 

That helped me a lot, right?

[Photo of old photo by G.Harrison]

***

How can I narrow the answer down?

Please click here for more Rare Family Photos

No comments: