Saturday, October 13, 2012

Zoom w a View: “The chattering wind, the crashing waves”


When Don and I arrived in Port Bruce on Thursday we didn’t expect to be greeted with such force. The wind - and sand, grit and chill - almost prevented us from opening the car doors.


Once upon the beach, Don looked for rounded stones and I for smoothed driftwood sticks. I lost my hat to the 70 mph wind three times.


Besides snapping 30 photos I also took three exciting videos.  The chattering wind obscures my brilliant commentary, the crashing of waves covers the sound of many astute comments.


E.g., one can barely hear me yell, “I hope they sell cocoa here!”

And, “I’m not walking out to the end of the pier today! I’ll send Don.” Darn that wind.


[Photos by G.Harrison]

***

Have you visited Port Bruce recently? Have any astute comments for me?

Please click here for more Zoom w a View

No comments: