Thursday, November 22, 2012

The Workshop: The sawdust trail


After a round of ripping lumber on the table saw I often take a short walk along the lane behind my house. There I shake off the layer of dust that covers my face and shop clothes, likely looking all the while as if I’ve stepped out of another century.

Then I deposit a trail of dust from the saw. If you follow it you’ll arrive at my small but busy workbench.



Maybe I’ll be using rescued lumber - in an ingenious way(!) - to make a birdhouse fit for a local wren or chickadee.

Maybe I’ll be sweeping the floor or tidying up a cluttered bench in an attempt to appear organized. 


Please excuse me if there is no room to sit down. It’s ‘busy times’ in the shop.

Photos by GH

***

Please click here for more from The Workshop

No comments: