Thursday, February 14, 2013

Fun and Fitness: DIY Juice

Old habits die hard, it's true, and some that my wife and I practice fall under the heading of 'don't throw anything out'.

E.g., I rescue odd bits of lumber from the curb and friends' garages and she saves vegetable juice from the steamer. As well, in a self-sustaining, reciprocative fashion that has developed over our 43 years together, she admires the birdhouses I make from scrap wood and I enjoy drinking her veggie juice as a morning tonic.

["It's a healthy thing to do, and I'm fitter for it"]   

I occasionally mix a small dash of Cranberry juice to the steamed veggie juice (I love the humble cranberry!), though I can handle it straight from the jar. I'm particularly fond of broccoli juice. 

While I'm sipping it, thoughts run through my mind, some of which may even be true:

I bet a lot of people pour vitamins straight down the drain

Veggie juice has gotta be healthier than many manufactured juices

This will help me reach my goal age - 87

Hmm. Tastes good. After breakfast I'll go for a 30-mile run

Okay, that last one was just for laughs, but a bike ride isn't out of the question. I've already got a good start to the week, exercise-bike-wise, and I've got a good book to read while pedalling.

["I've travelled over 75 miles already this week!"]

Drink your vegetables. Stay healthy.

Photos by GH

***

Please click here for more Fun and Fitness

No comments: