Friday, February 22, 2013

The Workshop: "Now there's room for stuff"

Now I know how a one-armed paper hanger feels. I built the shelves on the floor, then had to hold them in place - on the level - with one hand while popping in nails with the other. It wasn't easy.

["Soon a lot of stuff will appear"]

It wasn't easy... until I put a level support strip on the wall upon which the bottom of the shelf could rest while I wielded the hammer. Then it was a snap. It was also fun applying a strip of red cedar to the  facing shelf and divider edges. Nice finishing touch, I say.

["The unit is 6 ft. wide, 2 ft. tall. I wish I had room for twice that"]

After I filled a few shelves ("Yes! Now there's more room for stuff!" I said), I turned to think about a vexing problem. I.e., where do I put my old CD player? It's too wide to fit on the new unit, and I like things close at hand.

["I can't afford a smaller player. I blew the budget, folks!"]

There's always something to do or think about in the workshop.

Photos by GH

***

Please click here for more from The Workshop

No comments: