Thursday, April 4, 2013

from sketch to salesroom?

Over the years I've been finding the process of making modifications to the way I do things (my birdhouses, my behaviour) has been getting easier. If I want to try something new on a birdhouse I'll patiently make preliminary sketches and then try things out in the shop. If I want to look more the strong silent type - and not be so blurty - I'll imagine various scenarios and mentally practise new behaviours in the shop while I'm alone.

["Go to the edge of butt?" Yes, it's important]

You might one day say to me, "What's the solution to this problem?"

I'll say, "Let me think about it for a minute before I say anything. Hmmmm." (Then I'll stroke my beard. I've been practising that one all week. I've almost got it).


Fifteen seconds after the final picture was taken, the large birdhouse was placed in the back of my car. After coffee this morning I'll head to Tacks - a feed store and birdhouse emporium at Wharncliffe and Baseline in London - to see if I can make a sale.


"You might like this one," I'll say. Then I'll shut up and wait for a response.

I've been practising that one too.

Photos by GH

***

Please click here to read two at a time

No comments: