Sunday, July 14, 2013

Q: Who wears the pants in this family?

This post would have appeared sooner this morning but my wife came into the computer room just as I was about to begin typing. She was carrying two pairs of pants we'd set aside years ago for shortening. An unusual episode resulted that answered an age old question.

I tried on both and discovered the first still fit after sitting unused at least 5 - 10 years! I couldn't believe it. All other pants from that era are long gone, gone the way of the dodo and 32-inch waists. 


["Lookin' good from this angle"]

Then I tried on the second pair, and though the material and fit were to my liking, they felt odd in more ways than one. An inside button seemed in an unusual location; the zipper was shorter than I'm used to, and it could only be easily drawn up and down with my left hand. 

Wait a minute, I thought. I'd like to have them but they're not my pants. They belong to my wife! 

My wife confirmed my discovery. So we had a good laugh and realized the answer to the question "Who wears the pants in this family?" is 'me'. In fact, I want to wear all the pants in the family!

***

Please click here to read 'Saturday Specials' hit the nail

No comments: