Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Fav Photo: I've got wrinkles too

Folks will initially notice the beautiful grain in this old western cedar. Look closer, please, and a few gracefully-earned wrinkles will become apparent. I think, even though the boards served as a dock for many years, the grain and wrinkles add character.

["What's wrong with wrinkles? Not much."]

For certain, the back side of the wood (or the inside of the birdhouse) doesn't look brand new in places but the birds won't mind in the least. They'll feel right at home.

FYI A French woman, while celebrating her 104th birthday, said proudly to her guests. "I only have one wrinkle, and I'm sitting on it."

Me? I've got more than one wrinkle, eh, but hope I'll last as long (and smell as nice) as my 'new' birdhouses.

: )

Photo by GH

***

Please click here to read Joe Flagler's dock

No comments: