Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Joe Flagler's dock

Joe lives in Fenelon Falls and with my son's help is tearing out an old dock and building a new one. It's a tonne of work and a lot of new lumber will be needed. But what to do with the old lumber?

["Seven small houses, from Joe's lumber, ready for assembly"]

["Today I'll nail roof slats in place. Easy kap-easy"]

After the first day of work Joe and son Dave took some old boards to a local landfill site and ended up paying $140 to dispose of them. Shortly after that trip I entered the picture. While my wife baby sat Dave's girls I inspected the dock, picked up a few old boards that were scattered about and said I'd take them home for a look see. Once home I looked, cut a few up into pieces I could use, fell in love with the results and made a phone call.

I'm taking all of it, storage problem to boot.

The second load will likely become tables and chairs for the back deck. And I don't know if I'll ever find a better deal for such high-grade lumber.

Got a good lumber story. I'm all ears.

Photos by GH

***

Please click here to read Gord finds a gold mine

No comments: