Monday, February 24, 2014

Gord's Journal: "add a year"

At least twice in the last month I've said that I'll be a new man within the year. Yeah... well.

So I was working out in The Fitness Room at The Centre this morning and spotted a guy in the mirror wearing the same colour shirt and shorts as me.

Has the same scruffy look too, I said to myself. Must be over 300 pounds. Wait a sec....


Ping. It was moi. And with that realization came a number of thoughts. For a few seconds I was bombarded.

    Keep it positive. Don't curse the mirror.
    Take your time.
    You like coming here.
    Relax. Rome wasn't built in a day.
    2014 will roll into 2015 and you'll still like coming.
    New man in Jan. 2016? Deal?
    Deal.
    Write it down when you get home.
    And smile for Pete's sake!



from Gord's Pinging iPad

More Gord's Journal

No comments: