Saturday, February 15, 2014

My Morning Walk: "I repeat. I am not a senior!"

Admittedly, I can still say I walk to the Boys and Girls Club a few times each week because that's what the big sign on the building says, but I don't walk inside as a member of the BG club. I enter as a member of the HSSC, i.e., Horton Street Senior Centre.

In about 10 years I'll be used to the term 'senior'. 'Til then, watch what you say about me.

["20 minute walk one way; nice start to the day"]

["Soon the sidewalks will be clear. Delightful!"]

["Hello Kids! Ok, I'm not a Kid, but hello anyway"]

After Friday's brisk walk and strenuous workout at the Centre I took my wife out for lunch and was asked - very first thing! - by a server if I wanted the senior's meal on the menu. I said, "I'm only 64. I'm not a senior."

To all... I repeat. I am not a senior.

Photos to GH

PS What are the odds I'll likely be good with the term by 2015?

A: Not very darn good.


No comments: