Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Gord's Journal: Ten Year Plan Revisited

It was a good idea on March 31. It's a better idea today.

["Ten years of training to get to Boston. 
And ten min. to get charged with loitering"] 

On March 31st I decided to switch from a One Year Plan to a Ten because I was feeling the pressure, and if there's one thing I don't need as I stabilize my 'fun and fitness routine' is pressure. I want experience, flexibility and common sense to guide me.

After all, it was ten years ago I was in top shape and training for a spring qualifying marathon to send me on my way to the 105th running of the Boston Marathon (April 2005). And even then, it had taken about ten years of training (starting in 1994 -1995), hard effort and 'getting smart re running' to get myself into peak shape.

So, a Ten Year Plan sounds and feel natural.


I'm glad I'm so smart, eh!

Link to The Ten Year Plan

Photos GH

No comments: