Sunday, April 27, 2014

My Morning Smile

And Why Did the Chicken Cross the Road?

Sunday - 8:40 A.M.

It was a very good question. But it came so early in the day!

"Why is the can opener in the fridge?" said my wife.

There are so many questions in life for which I don't have the answer. Now there's one more?


In my mind I retraced my steps to the night before. I watched a hockey game. Before that. I made popcorn. Before that. I ate supper. I made supper for myself - 'cause I came in late, from the shop. I looked in the fridge. I was thinking cold beans, from the tin, with scrambled eggs. I spotted leftover spaghetti. I ate that.

"I think I put it there while mulling over my supper," I said. "I think."

Sunday - 10:00 A.M.

How many times has my wife chuckled behind my back this morning since she found the can opener in the fridge?

Six?

Maybe eight times.

Link to free rent, good neighbours

Photo GH

No comments: