Thursday, May 29, 2014

Bird Watching

Chip Chip Chippy

["The cardinals are in there somewhere!"]

Apart from getting the evil eye from Brewer's Blackbirds every once in awhile, bird activity is going as per usual - like a very pleasant routine - at the bird feeder outside my study window. 

Robins are feeding their young and I suspect the cardinals are as well, though I can't see them clearly. The blue spruce is sprouting new growth, making the cardinal's nest almost invisible from every angle. And daily, the pair 'chip chip chip' away - starting at 5:30 A.M. - to let everyone know they are in the 'hood and will protect their space and nest. Busy all day they are.


The female cardinal, however, will occasionally - for a second or two - rest atop the fire pot lid below my window just to say hello.

Thumbs up, I say. Keep safe.


Photo by GH

No comments: