Friday, June 20, 2014

East Coast 2014, Day 13

Rivière du Loup, Quebec

Where am I right now? What am I doing now? Who am I with? What will I do later this evening?

Well, if you really must know. 

After negotiating 405 kilometres of main and secondary highways between Fredericton, New Brunswick and Rivière du Loup, Quebec, I settled in at the HI hostel in the friendly city 'du Loup'. I just finished a nutritious supper - Mr. Noodle Oriental-style soup (school children of all ages eat it as snack food at recess times but I like it as half a main course, with salad - so I am at the computer, catching up on mail and other heavy responsibilities. I am currently alone but have plans to meet up later with three other bikers I met in a segregated portion of the hostel called The Biker's Barn. Bust up the town 'cause that's what heavily-bearded bikers do on a Friday night in du Loup. I have already seen, from my perch on the hostel's front porch, several women drag their kids off the street. I'm rolling up the sleeves on my paisley dress shirt as we speak.

Of course, after fighting the wind for four hundred kilometres today, I may just hit the sack.

Photos from along the way:

"Dark, cloudy skies over a very long wooden bridge"

"I parked, sipped coffee at Tim's for a spell"

"The hostel's front door is a classic"

"No kids can be seen from the front porch"

"A '60s Volkswagen sits, dejectedly, in the hostel's yard"

"I like to sit at the big table"

Photos by GH

No comments: