Sunday, June 29, 2014

East Coast Photo Files

Trip Day 3 - June 11, 2014

 ["Once on St. Lawrence's south shore, I steamed along steadily"]

From Trois Rivieres to Riviere du Loup, Quebec

Between these cities lie many lovely motorcycling routes along the south shore of the St. Lawrence River. I chose one, 360 kilometres long, that took me on almost equal shares of two parallel byways, i.e., the quieter two-lane Highway 132 and busier, faster Trans-Canada Highway 20.

["Purple martin houses from modified gourds. Excellent work"]

The hostel in Riviere du Loup has expanded. I stayed in the main house on the way to PEI and Halifax, and in the backyard barn on the return trip. Both sleeps were good sleeps and the free breakfast is a great treat. Waffles w syrup and jam, who will complain? Not me.

Photos from along the way:

["I added more than one scenic detour to my route to Du Loup"]

["A favourite farmhouse brasserie - in Kamouraska region - is 'ferme'! Ouch"]

["I feel at home in this home away from home in the centre of town"]

["I shared the backyard barn w other biker dudes, i.e., on Harleys and bicycles"]

Special note - the hostel is half block from decent grocery store that sells lovely Quebec bieres at a good price. Supper time, on back patio, is usually scrumptious. So, don't cry for me, Concertina.

Link to more East Coast Photo Files

Photos by GH

No comments: