Saturday, July 5, 2014

Recycling Question

Plastic Pucks



In late May I purchased a Bosch coffee maker at a yard sale. While using it over the past few weeks I have experienced several pros, but one con has got me thinking about getting rid of the quality machine. 

Pros: The price was $15. I can buy tasty dark roast for fifty cents per serving. I simply fill a water reservoir, push a button and wait sixty seconds for my cup to fill. Cheap coffee convenience.

Con: To recycle the plastic pucks one must be a magician in order to separate the foil from the plastic.

In other words, 'convenience time' goes out the window. And I would rather dust off my old perk than deal with a recycling bin full of pucks every few weeks.

Do other coffee drinkers have comments or solutions to the recycling hassle?

Photos by GH

No comments: