Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Workshop

Mexican-style Tile Floor

 ["Many tiles are inspired by Frida Kahlo."]

A client recently asked me if I could tile the floors of two 'little free libraries' and I nodded. I tiled floors for a contractor a few years ago - until my knees almost popped - so a wee library (w no kneeling) was right up my alley. She then supplied some very unusual tiles.

["Tile floor and western cedar walls go together well. Si?"]

I think the tiles are awesome and hope to order more for myself. In workshop projects their uses would be almost without limit, e.g., in other libraries, chairs, tables, benches, birdhouse walls, etc.

When I learn of my client's supplier I will post details here.

Today I stir up some grout. Need to fond a good sponge.

Link to The Workshop

Photos GH

No comments: