Saturday, August 23, 2014

Gord's Journal

One for You, One for Me

["I sketched a bird feeder in my journal, lickety-split"]

I didn't mind when someone recently asked me to build a large bird feeder, one almost twice as large as I've built in the past. I mean, I've got the lumber - the best in the world - on hand. Or, for those who demand complete honesty, under a tarp in my backyard.

As well, thanks to my new high-tech organizational system, I can look at how many projects I have on my plate 'at-a-quick-glance', which helps me muster up the confidence to say something like, "Hmmm. looks like August is completely booked solid. I can get to it mid-September  - if that's okay." (And it usually is).

["This is a pretty high-tech format, eh. Monthly
calendar and a pen in a manly leather wallet"]

["Why, I think brass bits will make a great shadow box!"]

I'm getting pretty good at organizing my workshop time now and I've found a bit of time to proceed on some personal projects, like a shadow box or two. 

Ha! Maybe six. 'Cause once you get started the ideas start to flow.

Link to Gord's Journal

Photos GH

No comments: