Tuesday, August 12, 2014

The Workshop

Three Swap Boxes

["Busy swap box, but it's leaning to the left"]

Orders arrived at the shop last weekend for two more swap boxes, so I hopped onto my bike yesterday to photograph three that are nearby. I wanted to get a feel for how my earlier models are working out, and if modifications are in order.

["The tree next to busy sidewalk is a perfect location"]

["Solid wood door doesn't slow down visits to this early model"]

I returned home w a few conclusions:

   Lots of colour works

   Make new models a wee bit bigger

   Apply hinges to door's inner edge, not on face

   Plexiglass doors vs solid wood - plexiglass wins

   Suggestion sheet re 'set up' might help for some people

I predict busy times ahead.

Please link to The Workshop

Photos GH

No comments: