Monday, May 9, 2016

Steady as She Goes 1

Visit my new blog and watch me make The GREAT Canadian Comeback.

Easy Does It in May

"Almost at the halfway point of this first shuffling series"

The days in May have been a bit cool and breezy, making my walks and shuffling nice and easy. On Sunday, May 1, I shuffled along for 6 miles, feeling no pressure to go faster even though the engine was running smoothly. During the week that followed I added an extra mile over the minimum (min. = 4 miles) only on two occasions (two 5-milers) and balanced things off with an easy 2-miler on Saturday.

I will bear in mind in May the words 'easy does it' when I head out the door. The shuffling is progressing well, i.e., I feel stronger, smoother, and more efficient. My speed and stamina will develop as I go steadily along my way. I say, "What more can an old geezer ask for?"

"From May 1 - 7th I walked and shuffled 30 miles. That's plenty"

Special note:

New shoes were costly but I bet I'll cover 600 miles in them. Plus, they match my walking outfit! Colour co-ordination is all the rage, you know.

Photos from along the way:


 "I literally zipped past the 3-mile bridge yesterday : ) "

"Not hot enough for ice cream on the weekend"

Please link to Lessons Learned 4 

Photos GH

No comments: