Monday, July 18, 2016

The Transition Zone 3

Lower Miles Per Week

Yesterday was a lovely day for cycling for two hours steady

I can honestly say that I'm learning as I go. For several months I felt pleased when I walked 30-plus miles per week, not realizing that I was perhaps go 'too far too fast' and skating on thin ice as far as walking injuries were concerned. Because of high mileage (and perhaps the wrong type of footwear) I likely prompted soreness to develop in my left foot.

I now feel pretty comfortable completing fewer miles per week, per month. Two weeks ago I covered 21.5 miles (walking and cycling*), and last week I covered 26.5 miles. My foot feels somewhat better but I know I need to tread carefully and take the time needed to recover fully before I increase my efforts related to shuffling and jogging.

Photos from along the way:

 I am heading toward 'Animal Hill' in Springbank Park

I will return to steadier shuffling/jogging when ready

*I count 20 minutes of walking or cycling as 1 mile.

Please link to The Transition Zone 2

Photos GH

No comments: